Trying to follow the list of traditional wedding gifts can be a grueling and perhaps self-tortuous ambition, but it’s possible. To make the search a bit easier for your first anniversary [Paper], here are eight inspiring gift ideas:
1. Paper shadow boxes
- simply awesome.
via La Boom!
2. Hand-cut paper silhouettes
- either purchased or…. Good luck.
via Papercuts by Joe
3. Me & You pencils with a notepad for drawing, writing, etc.
- either romantic or disastrous, depending on how your spouse responds to ‘Meat & Potatoes’ and ‘Eggs & Bacon’.
via Knot & Bow
4. Flowers in a tree bark vase
- or ‘unprocessed paper.’
5. A carefully-chosen anniversary card
- as opposed to the hastily-chosen Hallmark anniversary card.
via Vixen’s Empire
6. A bouquet of origami hearts
- in case origami flowers were too predictable.
7. Heart-shaped confetti cut out of a romance novel
- better than reading the book itself, no doubt.
8. A pocket wallet
- holding paper tickets, money, reservations, and/or any other [paper] evidence of a cool date to come.
via Scabby Robot