Sometimes, you can overuse a hip word or phrase until it irritates everyone (including yourself) and loses its stylishness altogether. So, if you have a dull moment, try creating limits for words you might be using too often.
Take ‘nom’, for instance. (It’s pretty cool.) Below are six situations wherein ‘nom’ would be very appropriate. The limits, if you will:
1. When referring to monsters of destruction
– particularly if nerdy fiction is involved.
2. When referring to toddlers
– of destruction.
3. During birthday parties
– and other happy occasions with drinks, food and accepted gluttony.
4. When taking a snack break while studying.
5. When something smells delicious, but you can’t eat it.
You can only make sounds.