The best garlands are worth keeping even after the party is over. They’re creative, festive, and perfect above fireplaces or across empty walls, giving a courteous nod to every unbirthday of the year.
1. Upcycled book pages.
2. Crochet flowers.
via Emma Lamb
3. Pine cones – versatile objects indeed.
4. Mirrors – which, in theory, will also make the room look larger.
5. Burlap – a romantic way to upcycle those winter potato bags.
6. Fancified lights.
via Pamela Angus
7. Vintage carnival flowers.
via Pretty Swell
8. Snowflakes – in case you live in a cold-yet-sadly-snowless city.
(As I do.)
via 3 Girls + A Goat
9. Red elephants and other possible characters from Dr. Suess.
via Art’s Delight
via Line Up Design
11. Old-fashioned style: gourds, roots and spices.
12. Upcycled maps.
13. Colorful dots.
via Kristina Marie
14. A ‘Home’ banner – small and portable so you can hang it up wherever you go.
15. Lace-inspired paper doilies.
via Maisy and Alice
16. Cute pictures, tied together with ribbon.
17. Silverware [!].
via Daisy Chestnut
18. Soft clouds and hot air balloons.
via Bumble and Boogs
19. Strips of fabric / rags.
via Cottonwood Hill
20. Upcycled music sheets