Toast is a simple food, which doesn’t necessarily mean it’s boring. In fact, crunchy bread is surprisingly versatile, both as a snack and as a source of creative inspiration.
There are, of course, many ways to eat toast. This list of seventeen is only the beginning…
1. With guacamole, garlic, and salsa verde (see recipe)
– and after-dinner mints, hopefully.
2. With animal faces
– to remind you to eat less.
3. Classic peanut butter and jelly.
4. French style.
5. With a groovy vintage toaster.
6. With extra big bread slices.
7. Using a high-tech ‘toaster of the future’
8. With bread called toast
– so you can say, ‘I’m toasting toast.’
9. Italian style.
10. As an art project.
11. With butter and true love.
12. With jam and excessive violence.
13. Topped with cheese
14. For a toast party!
15. With the sophistication of marmalade.
16. Fresh out of the toaster.