Coasters, like pillows, don’t need to be ugly or boring just because they’re practical. Making coasters can be a great upcycling project or a simple way to express your creativity and general brilliance.
For examples of interesting coasters, check out these sixteen unique coaster designs found on Etsy:
1. Burlap coasters with customized lettering
– depending on your mood, you can either keep or omit particular letters.
2. A movable coaster table.
3. Paint sample coasters
– so we can finally learn to recognize the difference between ‘Egg Yolk’ and other shades of yellow.
4. ‘Save the Date’ coasters
– subtly revealing the connection between drinks and weddings.
5. Cork coasters
– cleverly upcycled from wine corks.
6. Coasters with inconsistent patterns
– to avoid monotony.
7. Ink blot coasters
– so you can psychoanalyze your friends.
8. Coasters that follow your drink
– with the added bonus of being able to discern your glass from others.
9. Numbered coasters (English)
– a handy way to mark table settings.
10. Numbered coasters (French)
– a handy way to mark table settings and discover who wasn’t paying attention in French class.
11. Stone coasters
– they absorb moisture, keep your drink cold, and look generally awesome.
12. Delicate leaf-shaped coasters
– the beauty of nature without the decomposing and whatnot.
13. Wooden coasters
– upcycled from the wood of rundown buildings.
These ones were made from the oak beams of a deteriorated French chateau. (In case your guests ever ask…)
14. Map coasters
– marking your favorite places to drink.
15. Management-approved coasters.
16. Appreciative coasters
– they’ll make you seem a tad friendlier (even if you’re not).