Contrary to popular belief, a wedding cake’s appearance is not necessarily its most important quality. It’s the taste.
So, before you distress about cake decorations, be sure to find a fantastic cake, cupcake, or pie recipe first. The decorations will follow more easily, then.
Already found the perfect pie/cake/cupcake? Then check out these sixteen awesome decoration ideas:
1. Emphasize the ‘we’ part of wedding.
2. If you use pie instead of cake, find a way to include birds somewhere
– in honor of the British rhyme, ‘Sing a Song of Sixpence‘:
- Sing a song of sixpence,
- A pocket full of rye.
- Four and twenty blackbirds,
- Baked in a pie.
- When the pie was opened,
- The birds began to sing;
- Wasn’t that a dainty dish,
- To set before the king?
3. Simply ribbons.
4. Use a tree instead of people.
5. Live dangerously; try to pull off a romantic pun
– e.g. ‘We’re a great pair’:
6. Include your pet.
7. Decorate the background rather than the top of the cake.
8. Make toothpick flags and write various phrases to greet your guests
– or, make merely one toothpick flag announcing your names (etc.), and place it on the cake.
‘This cake is hereby ours.’
9. Use legendary monsters
– like Bigfoot and The Abominable Snowman.
10. Typical sea monsters will also do.
11. Customize your own paper people.
12. Stage a snowball fight.
13. Use classic love birds…
14. Or robots.
15. Make the decorations edible.
16. In any case, encourage the guests to enjoy themselves
– without using a microphone.