Chocolate, stuffed animals and flower bouquets are the standard gifts for Valentine’s Day.
However, that doesn’t mean they’re the best.
For a little variation, try one (or several) of the following:
1. A statue, like a heart factory.
2. Romantic bath with special soap.
3. Tea for two.
4. Big ‘I love you’ banners.
5. Artsy, heartsy jewelry.
6. Find a fallen tree branch and set it up indoors like a tree, decorated with heart ornaments.
7. Two hearts sewn together – instant Valentine’s Day card.
8. A beautiful scarf – shaped into a heart.
9. Treasure hunts, puzzle pieces, and romantic games.
10. For bachelors/bachelorettes: express love for the world (in general) with a lapel pin.
11. Home-baked goods.
12. A heart bouquet.
13. A creative picture or fun photo shoot.
14. Something with ‘I love you’ in a foreign language – as long as you’re sure you know what it says.
15. A loooong garland – created out of maps, pinned together as hearts.