It may not be as artistic as Seattle or as romantic as Paris, but Washington D.C. is nevertheless charming in its own political way.
1. Columns, columns, columns.
The National Archives by Samuel Silva
2. Even indoors.
National Building Museum by Phil Roeder
3. Very long escalators.
Dupont Circle Escalators by Alex Barth
4. Posh neighborhoods in & around Georgetown.
Autumn in DC by Vladimer Shioshvili
5. The thrill of heavy snowfall – how it demobilizes everything.
F Street by Alex Barth
6. The birthplace of the USD.
$10 and the US Treasury by Ryan McFarland
7. Various important libraries.
Martin Luther King Library by Alex Barth
8. Epic memorials.
Battle Cry by Kevin Dooley
9. Yet more epic memorials.
All is calm at 3 AM by Arkansas ShutterBug
10. Well-organized streets with names like ‘G’ or ’13’
– or the occasional state name, like ‘Rhode Island Avenue’.
Pennsylvania Ave - Old Post Office to the Capitol at Night by Wyn Van Devanter
11. Mysterious White House activities.
You're Going to Need a Hard Hat to Live There by Rob Shenk
12. The dark, somewhat post-apocalyptic metro stations.
Washington DC Metro Station by peter french
13. Political demonstrations.
red bandanas, goggles, gasmask by Jenene Chesbrough
14. Campaign paraphernalia – whether or not it’s an election year.
Music for Obama by Kathleen Conklin