New York isn’t so much a city. It’s more of an idea, an abstract dream of affluence and success. Obviously, the real city is more complex than its image. If you visit, you might notice:
1. Bad weather
– they never told you about that one.
2. Flashy shoes.
3. The brutal tyranny of yellow taxis.
4. The incredible alphabetical metro
– Sesame Street’s hidden source of inspiration.
“This trip was brought to you by the letter G!”
5. The beauty and chaos of Times Square.
6. Traffic at midday.
7. The secret life of skyscraper pigeons.
8. The respectable NYPD horses.
9. Models. They’re unmistakable.
10. Central park
– yet another example of Frederick Law Olmsted‘s brilliance.
12. Aspiring artists, writers, musicians, and other peculiar people.
13. Sunsets on the harbor.
14. The feeling that even if you’re not successful, even if you’re poor, you’re still cool because you’re living in New York.