London is a melange of culture. Its population is large and diverse, ranging between aristocrats and immigrants, businessmen and backpackers.
Despite the extreme differences between Londoners, the city has certain characteristics that everyone can experience. For example:
1. The vast, deep maze of the London Underground, a.k.a ‘The Tube’
– a modern Cretan Labyrinth, only with advertisements.
2. The Thames river at night
– memorable for the glowing blue trees and the all-seeing London Eye.
3. The British breakfast
– providing for all your essential fats and beyond.
4. British humo(u)r.
5. Train stations with high ceilings.
6. The much-respected bobby.
7. Gray days and black coats.
8. Hyde Park
– home to bewildered tourists, outspoken extremists and many happy geese.
9. The color red.
10. The sophisticated London cab.
11. Shows and playhouses everywhere, to the point of absurdity.
At intermission, they disregard the elegant atmosphere and sell ice cream.
12. Puddles and brick buildings.
13. The continuous swarm of tourists photographing Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace.
Walk through these areas and you will be caught in someone else’s photo.
14. Minding the gap: