If Edinburgh had a color scheme, it would probably be gray and green with a side of red. Moss, cobblestone and redheads; creepy vines, stone buildings and red tartans; green grass, gray weather and red coffee cups…
Whatever combination you choose, Edinburgh is a great to place to visit. Check it out:
1. Impressive stone architecture
- one word: Hogwarts.
2. Cozy cafes
- a necessity, given the annual rainfall.
- for when the rain leaves.
4. Bagpipe street music
- complete with kilts, leather satchels, and high white socks.
5. Kilts galore
- worn especially for weddings, sports events, and general Scottish pride.
- held mostly by tourists. (Edinburgh locals have stopped taking the effort.)
7. The sunsets
- unexpected and stunning.
- it does exist.
9. The peaceful, uncrowded shoreline
- evidence of a cold (albeit lovely) ocean.
10. The ghost tours
- despite its stone-and-greenery charm, Edinburgh can be rather creepy in certain places, with certain stories.
11. The Ocean Terminal
- once a shipyard, now a shopping mall. Thank you urban renewal.
12. The amazing Camera Obscura museum
- so you can feel intelligent and stupid, simultaneously.
13. Scottish vibes
- you know what I mean.
14. The hilltop views
- they make all the uphill/downhill walking wonderful.