If you’ve had a new Advent calendar every year since you were a toddler, you might find yourself one day looking wistfully at the grocery store Advent calendars, wishing that they were more creative, more reusable or just more your style. If this situation describes you, take cheer in these other (homemade) options.
1. Fancy envelopes pinned to a string.
via Gray Sparrow
2. Little drawers – if you can resist peeking.
via Sweet Geek
3. DIY template: download, choose the pictures and put it together.
- the final picture being, of course, “Will you marry me?”
via Nina Max Daly
4. Pretty pouches tied to a ribbon.
via Protea Designs
5. Cones of candy hung on the Christmas tree
- by December 15, everything is gone. You blame the dog.
via Anders Ruff
via Nouveau Designs
7. Small pottery jars – for Christmas cookies!
via A Bit Off Center
8. Origami (with treats inside) hung from a tree branch.
via Julie Marie
via Dear Adam
10.Tiny ceramic charms – in case you travel often.
via Paloma’s Nest
11. Fridge magnets – decorated with magazine clippings.
12. A felt Christmas tree with velcro ornaments.
via Three Geese
13. Paper boxes.
via A Million Ideas
14. Knitted socks - a new Christmas stocking, every day.