Trees are perfect models for art, especially when they’re silhouetted and standing apart from other trees. This ‘lonely tree ambiance’ provokes a wide variety of emotions, depending on the tree’s particular location and circumstances. To experience the sundry sides of lonely, take a look at these eleven solitary tree pictures:
1. Tree next to a desolate-looking stone cottage
– particularly if the sky is cloudy and dark.
2. Tree in a massive wheat field
– the single survivor of a forgotten forest.
3. Tree in a monstrous muddy field
– the single survivor of a forgotten forest and harvest season.
4. Tree beside an abandoned road
– cue Bob Dylan.
5. Tree among trunks
6. Tree befriending a cloud
– a relationship doomed from the beginning.
7. Tree in a dusty desert
– loneliness is probably one of its lesser problems.
8. Deciduous tree in winter
– an entire season of that ‘naked on stage’ dream.
9. Tree trapped between two uncomfortable companions
– ‘rock and sky’ or ‘fence and water’, for example.
10. Small tree in a big forest
– it’s like being a freshman for 10 years.
11. Little fruit tree
– the pressure to look picturesque must be overwhelming.