Tofu is more versatile than stir-fry makes it out to be. Its nearly flavorless taste makes it both boring and perfect for almost everything, from desserts and smoothies to sandwiches and snack foods.
Instead of heading for the wok pan, consider using one of these cool recipes next time you see tofu:
[For the recipes, click on the photos.]
1. “Barbecued” Tofu
- that is, with barbecue sauce.
2. Baked Tofu Sticks
- would you like…tofu with that?
3. Tofu Chocolate Mousse
4. Sauteed Tofu with Bitter Greens
- i.e. collard, mustard, baby bok choy, or dandelion.
5. Crisp Tofu with Crudites and Sesame-Ginger Dipping Sauce
6. Soy-Glazed Tofu and Carrots
- in case the word ‘tofu’ didn’t sound healthy enough.
7. Tofu Kebabs with Cilantro Sauce
8. Tofuberry Smoothies
- some people compare tofu to chicken…
9. The infamous Tofu Sandwich Spread
10. Miso Soup
- it’s as good as its name (i.e. pretty good).