Thankfully, not all libraries are wrecks. A good number are still functional, fashionable and far from abandonment.
(i.e. There is hope.)
And so, with pomp and applause, here are ten types of libraries that deserve celebration:
1. Libraries that remind you of the Matrix
2. Libraries with swirly staircases…
3. Or bright escalators
4. University libraries with Harry Potter vibes
5. University libraries with large, clean spaces—possibly reminiscent of Vulcan architecture
6. University libraries that look suspiciously similar to churches
7. Miscellaneous European university libraries
8. Libraries that encourage annotation, book trading, and reading in the park
9. Libraries with natural lighting
10. Personal libraries that are organized by color
Now—really—go read a book.